An E-3 Visa Lawyer Can Help

e3 visa lawyer carroll county

The E-3 Visa category is a non-immigrant visa exclusively intended to permit Australian nationals entering the US solely to work in qualifying specialty occupations. Spouses and minor children of E-3 visa holders are also eligible to gain employment authorization.

Lynn specializes in business immigration law and takes great pleasure in vigorously representing her clients’ best interests. She has experience processing L-1, H-1B, E-3 and TN visa applications.

What is an E-3 Visa?

The E-3 visa is a nonimmigrant work visa that allows Australian citizens to temporarily work in specialty occupations in the US. To qualify for this visa, they must possess either a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and hold an offer with an US company offering such work which pays at least the prevailing wage in their location.

E-3 visas offer several advantages to eligible candidates. First, they can be applied for directly at a US consulate without first filing an I-129 petition with USCIS; saving both time and money in processing time and fees. Furthermore, holders of E-3 visas may move between employers while remaining in the US; enjoying up to 60-day grace periods upon termination of employment.

E-3 visa holders also allow their spouse and children to join them as dependents, unlike with work visa categories such as H1B. E-3 holders can remain in the US for two years at a time and may extend for an additional two. It is imperative that applicants gather all necessary paperwork prior to submitting an E-3 application; our firm can provide an exhaustive list of requirements for an interview process for an E-3 visa application and grant process.

What Are the Requirements for an E-3 Visa?

E-3 visa applicants do not require sponsorship from an American employer to self-sponsor themselves. Applicants should note, however, that this process requires many essential documents.

An applicant must satisfy academic requirements and be qualified for their desired occupation, which typically means possessing at least a bachelor’s degree or comparable professional experience.

An applicant for an E-3 visa must also have a job offer from an American employer willing to sponsor them; typically this means receiving a contract or letter of offer, along with proof of qualifications from them. Finally, E-3 holders must possess financial resources sufficient to sustain themselves during their stay in the US by filing Form I-134 Affidavit of Support.

An E-3 visa holder must also hold a valid Australian passport and provide documentation of their educational credentials and professional qualifications, typically including their bachelor’s degree or documents demonstrating equivalent experience. Finally, their US employer must submit a Labor Condition Application (LCA), which certifies that hiring the foreign national did not adversely impact wages or working conditions for US employees by hiring him/her and that they will pay an acceptable salary to the E-3 visa holder.

Do I Need an E-3 Visa Lawyer to Get a Visa?

Applying for an E3 visa may not be as complicated as other types of US work visas, but the process can still be daunting and time consuming. Therefore, having a professional immigration lawyer on your side is highly recommended to expedite submission of all the paperwork on time to avoid delays or mistakes in processing it all.

At first, USCIS requires submission of a labor condition application (LCA). Your attorney will prepare this form on your behalf and ensure all information is correct. They also assist with filling out Form I-129: the Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker which provides them with enough data for them to determine whether you qualify for an E-3 visa.

After you have submitted the necessary paperwork, it will be time to set an interview appointment with a consular officer. You can do this online through your department’s website or call center, with assistance from your lawyer who will ensure all required documentation arrives for your interview appointment.

An E-3 visa provides Australian citizens who wish to live and work in the US with an option for two years of residence and can be renewed indefinitely. Furthermore, spouses and children of E-3 visa holders can obtain dependent E3 status. Furthermore, an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) allows them to legally work in America.

How Do I Start the E-3 Visa Application Process?

The E-3 Visa is designed for Australian citizens working in specialty occupations in the US. To apply for one, employers must file a labor certification with the Department of Labor that shows no qualified US worker can perform this occupation at its prevailing wage. Once this certification has been approved by DOL, Australian citizens can then apply for E3 visa at one of its US Embassies or Consulates.

Applying for an E-3 visa can be both complicated and time-consuming, which is why it is critical to work with an experienced immigration attorney in order to submit all required documents on time. Furthermore, please be mindful that an E-3 visa only lasts during its initial duration of employment; any renewal should occur at least two years in advance.

If you reside in the US and wish to apply for an E-3 visa as part of a change of status process while here, it would be wise to leave and apply at a consulate abroad. This option also provides more privacy.

An E-3 visa must be sponsored by an entity located within the US, and possessing an IRS issued Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN). This FEIN should be included on their Labor Condition Application (LCA).