An E-3 Visa Lawyer Can Help You Apply For a Specialty Occupation in the United States

An E-3 Visa allows Australians to work in specialty occupations. An experienced immigration attorney will assist with applying for this visa – this involves filling out Form DS-160 and attending an interview at either the US Consulate or Embassy.

The sponsoring US company must submit an LCA detailing their job in the United States and demonstrating that they will pay the prevailing wage.

What is an E-3 Visa?

The E-3 visa allows Australian nationals to work in specialty occupations in the US. It is available both to new hires and transferees. As this nonimmigrant visa has no maximum limit for duration or renewals, spouses and children of E-3 visa holders may also work legally in America.

This visa falls into the E category, reserved for individuals whose entry into the United States complies with an existing commerce and navigation treaty between the U.S. and their home nation of which they are nationals; for example, under the U.S.-Australia Free Trade Agreement signed in May 2005 an E-3 visa was introduced.

To qualify for an E-3 visa, applicants must possess either a bachelor’s degree in their field of specialization or have significant professional experience that can be considered equivalent. Furthermore, their hiring company in the US must submit an LCA and meet minimum prevailing wage requirements.

Applicants must demonstrate they can support themselves and any dependents while in the United States, which can be demonstrated through assets and income such as copyrights, patents or current publishing or manufacturing contracts. Any irrevocably committed monies put in an escrow account that are only released upon approval of a visa can also meet this requirement.

How do I apply for an E-3 Visa?

E-3 visas are available for Australian citizens who wish to work in specialty occupations, including business management, engineering, science and information technology. According to USCIS standards these jobs qualify as specialty jobs as they require theoretical and practical application of specialized knowledge.

To obtain E-3 status, it is necessary to fill out form I-129 and submit all supporting documentation, which includes a letter from your employer outlining why the job qualifies as a specialty occupation and an LCA (Labor Condition Application). Furthermore, proof must also be presented that shows you meet education and experience requirements for this position as well as proof that no qualified US workers exist for it at least at prevailing wage.

Your next step will be attending an interview at one of the US embassies or consulates to assess your eligibility. This process usually takes 4 to 6 weeks; it can be expedited with the payment of a Premium Processing fee.

E-3 visas are valid for up to two years, and may be renewed indefinitely. Spouses and children of E-3 holders qualify for dependent status, and may work legally in the U.S. Once dependent spouses reach 21 years old they must switch over to F-1 student status in order to take advantage of employment-related opportunities such as post-completion Optional Practical Training opportunities.

What are the requirements for an E-3 Visa?

The E-3 visa is available to Australian citizens looking for temporary work in an occupational specialty. This nonimmigrant visa may be applied for either inside or outside the US; however, applying at a consulate is mandatory if using VWP as their entry method into the country. Processing times typically fall within months.

For eligibility of an E-3 visa in the US, two requirements must be fulfilled: 1) valid passport 2) job offer from US employer in specialty occupation at minimum prevailing wage wage (3) ability to show academic and professional qualifications in occupation

Application for an E-3 visa typically involves gathering multiple documents and attending an interview, so consulting an immigration lawyer is invaluable in getting everything together and being prepared for this step of the process. Once complete, visa approval should be expedited at consular offices while petitions to change status may take longer to process.

How can an E-3 Visa Lawyer help me?

An experienced E-3 Visa Lawyer can assist in starting the visa application process and submitting your Labor Condition Approval (LCA). They will also guide you through the interview process, making sure all essential documentation and evidence is collected. Furthermore, they can help prepare you to return when your work contract ends by connecting you with companies offering E-3 visa-friendly positions.

An E-3 visa offers many advantages to both US employers and Australian employees alike, including reduced application costs, faster processing times, unlimited renewals, easier transition between employers, and multiple entry visa status that allows Australian employees to travel freely into and out of the United States.

Australian citizens seeking an E-3 visa must enter the US with plans of performing a specialty occupation that requires theoretical and practical application of knowledge, typically in professional fields and requires at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent as minimum entry requirement for entry. Unlike H1B visas, which have annual limits imposed upon them, E3 visas typically reach their quota within several months. Our experienced E3 Visa Lawyers can help ensure you can secure this important document before starting work!