An E-3 Visa Lawyer Can Help You Find a Specialty Occupation

The E-3 visa is available to Australian citizens working in specialist occupations. It does not count against the H-1B cap and can be extended indefinitely, allowing spouses and children to join as well.

To obtain a visa, it is necessary to submit a letter of support from your employer as well as a completed Labor Condition Application and Form DS-160 before meeting with a consular officer for a visa interview.

What is an E-3 visa?

The E-3 visa is a nonimmigrant nonimmigrant visa for Australian citizens temporarily employed in specialty occupations in the US. It offers both employers and employees advantages. Acquiring this status without filing with USCIS saves both time and money; furthermore, spouses and children may be included into this status, adding an element of family to each case.

An E-3 visa requires both theoretical and practical application of highly specialized knowledge, which can often be demonstrated using O*NET Online as an aid in proving this fact. Furthermore, applicants for such a visa must possess at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent to qualify.

E-3 visas offer several advantages over its predecessors. One such advantage is being able to apply directly at US Consulates abroad; this feature is especially advantageous for applicants in the Visa Waiver Program who do not wish to leave and return home in order to change status; however, changing to E-3 status still requires submission of a Labor Condition Application (LCA) along with other required documents.

How do I apply for an E-3 visa?

The E-3 visa is a multiple entry visa designed specifically to permit Australian citizens to work in the United States. Unlike H-1B visas, which have annual renewal limits and cannot be extended indefinitely, E-3s offer unlimited renewal. They may even include dependent spouses and children as long as applicants meet specific eligibility requirements such as having completed at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and being offered employment in their specialty field. To qualify, applicants must first secure employment offer prior to applying.

As part of their E-3 application, applicants must submit a letter from their employer. This document should describe the work being performed, qualifications required for this position and wage level/benefit package offered. A skilled immigration lawyer is vital when creating this letter to meet all requirements.

An immigration attorney can also assist applicants of an E-3 visa by helping to gather all of the required documents, such as Form DS-160 and supporting documentation. Once all necessary documentation has been assembled, this process often includes meeting with a consular officer who reviews all documentation to assess eligibility and grant or deny an E-3 visa – an experienced immigration attorney can prepare their clients for this interview process.

Once their visa application is approved, foreign nationals will receive their passport with a visa stamp in it. It’s essential to carefully check this document upon receiving it to make sure all the details are correct – for instance, their employer should be listed correctly and their dates of employment coincide.

What are the requirements for an E-3 visa?

E-3 visa applicants must hold jobs that qualify as specialty occupations to qualify. In order to do this, a bachelor’s degree or higher (or its equivalent in professional experience) in that specialization or profession (or their equivalent). If your position requires theoretical and practical application of highly specialized knowledge bodies, then it meets this definition.

Your wages must meet or surpass the prevailing wage for that job in your county and state, while also including a copy of their Labor Condition Application with your visa application.

If you attended college outside the United States, certified copies of your academic credentials or evidence that they equate to an American bachelor’s degree will be necessary for consideration. Furthermore, professional experience must also be supported with proof that validates its relevance when making applications in this country.

In most cases, your employer must also file Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker with USCIS. Depending on your place of residence and type of work visa you hold (E-3 visa holders needing to work here may also file additional forms like Form I-485 “Application to Register as an Alien Spouse”)

Do I need an E-3 visa lawyer?

Experienced E-3 visa lawyers can help you navigate the complex rules and regulations surrounding this work visa category. With its many advantages for employers and employees alike, E-3 visas make for attractive work options.

Like an H-1B visa, an E-3 visa does not require filing a petition with USCIS to gain employment status; this can save both employer and employee both time and money. Furthermore, an E-3 visa features low application fees and fast processing times while offering unlimited renewals – perfect for Australian nationals looking to build long-term careers in America.

The E-3 visa is open to citizens of Australia who wish to enter the United States to perform services in a specialty occupation that require theoretical and practical application of highly specialized knowledge. Please be aware that an E-3 visa does not permit dual intent – that is, simultaneously applying for both permanent residency and an E-3 visa at once.

If you need assistance applying for an E-3 visa, don’t hesitate to contact our immigration law firm for a complimentary consultation. Our team of attorneys in Montana and Wyoming is standing by with friendly Rocky Mountain immigration assistance.