An E-3 Visa Lawyer Can Help

e3 visa lawyer monroe county

Australian professionals looking to enter the US to perform services in specialty occupations may qualify for the E-3 visa by finding an employer offering jobs requiring at least a bachelor’s degree in their area of specialty. To be eligible, an employer must offer such work with sufficient job security that allows an Australian national to legally reside and perform.

US sponsors must submit a labor condition application (LCA) with the Department of Labor to document their job duties, location, employment period and prevailing wage.


If you are an Australian citizen seeking employment in the US, an E-3 visa could be available to you. Created in 2005, this classification of work visa only allows Australian citizens and their spouses/children. Among its requirements: specialty occupation job offered from US employer; meeting certain academic and qualifying standards; as well as submission of certified Labor Condition Application from Department of Labor (LCA).

An E-3 visa attorney can be invaluable when applying for this type of visa. They will assist with gathering all of the required documents and filing Form I-129; filing an LCA, gathering supporting documentation and meeting all USCIS requirements – saving both time and stress while helping secure permanent employment in America.


The E-3 work permit is intended for Australian nationals looking to enter the US and perform specialty occupation services. Similar to H-1B visa, this work permit offers more flexible application procedures that can be renewed indefinitely over two year increments and more cost-effective costs when obtained quickly.

To qualify for an E-3 visa, applicants must possess either a degree or equivalent experience in their occupation and demonstrate that their employer will pay at least the minimum prevailing wage for it. Furthermore, services must have been performed by at least two years. Lastly, to apply for their visa the applicant’s employer must file a Labor Condition Application within six months from employment start date with the Department of Labor.

Once their Labor Condition Application is approved, an applicant must attend a visa interview at an American consulate or embassy. Once this interview has concluded, the consular officer will stamp an E-3 visa into their passport. Afterward, it is up to them to check all dates and details are accurate before reporting any discrepancies to their consular office immediately.


The E-3 visa is a nonimmigrant work visa for Australian nationals who perform specialty occupations in the US. To be eligible, an offer of employment from a U.S. employer and meeting all other criteria – valid passport, Labor Condition Application (LCA), proof of academic qualifications as well as documentation that the job pays prevailing wages must all be presented as proof for this visa application.

Before applying for a visa, an LCA form must be filed with the Department of Labor. This document includes details such as worker and employer identities as well as job duties. Salary details will also be listed along with any prevailing wage determination made by DOL which usually surpasses minimum wages.

If you wish to switch employers, either submit a new petition and LCA or apply for change of status at an American consulate. Either way, in either instance you must also provide USCIS with a support letter and submit all appropriate documentation.

The E-3 nonimmigrant visa grants you admission into the United States for up to two years and can be extended for another two. Furthermore, spouses and children of E-3 visa holders can apply for Employment Authorization Documents that permit them to work while H1B holders can only do so with their sponsoring company.


If you’re applying for an E-3 visa, it is highly advised that you hire a professional immigration lawyer. They will assist with starting the process by filling out Form I-129 on your behalf as well as gathering and organizing required documentation for your case. They can ensure your application has all of the required documents submitted to USCIS in an organized and complete fashion.

To be eligible for an E-3 visa, applicants must hold employment in a specialty occupation that requires highly specialized knowledge and expertise gained through university study. Furthermore, your employer must demonstrate that this role corresponds to similar positions offered back home.

An occupation requiring specialist knowledge or expertise includes engineering, law, medicine, accounting, computer programming or business administration. A qualified attorney will be able to help you identify specialty occupations which meet the criteria for an E-3 visa application.

For those without degrees, an equivalency assessment by a third party company must be submitted as proof. This document summarises your work experience and how it equates to a bachelor’s degree in specific fields of study. You will also need to show proof that you can support yourself financially within the United States without recourse to welfare or public resources.