E-3 Visa Lawyer – Arkansas

e3 visa lawyer arkansas

The E-3 visa category permits Australian citizens to come to the US and work in specialty occupations. Their sponsoring employer must submit a Labor Condition Application that shows how this position fulfills its requirements under this category.

Visas are currently limited to 10,500 per year and dependent spouses and children may accompany. Consulates have become increasingly vigilant in scrutinizing alcohol related arrests and convictions as well as demanding psychiatric evaluations.

How do I qualify for an E-3 visa?

The E-3 visa provides Australian citizens looking to move to the US to work a great opportunity. Its application process is less cumbersome than some other US work visas and does not require advanced degrees or master’s degrees to secure it, and has lower application fees compared to H-1B and L-1 visas; additionally E-3 visa holders don’t have to pay ACWIA fee when filing for changes of status or extensions.

First step of E-3 visa processing: finding employment in the US. From Australia, this can be accomplished via conducting Skype interviews with potential employers until one accepts your temporary hiring offer and begins filing an LCA (Labor Condition Application) with the Department of Labor.

Once the LCA application has been approved, you can submit an E-3 visa application at a US Embassy. You must present various documents, such as your detailed resume, proof of identity documents and passport-style photos that meet DOS specifications as well as employment letters from past employers as well as credential evaluation from an accredited agency.

At your interview with a US Embassy official, they will assess your case and ask you questions about your qualifications and whether or not you intend to remain permanently. It is important to answer these questions honestly and with due care; any hint that your stay could become permanent could lead to your visa being denied.

Can I be self-employed on an E-3 visa?

The E-3 visa is intended for college graduates with highly specialized knowledge who work in the United States. This nonimmigrant visa offers two years of stay, renewable indefinitely. With proper application, it may lead to green card status and naturalization if followed correctly. Part of the Immigration and Nationality Act’s “E” category, its eligibility requirements also consider other criteria – such as those defined under specialty occupation definition.

E-3 visa holders must work for only one US employer at any given time and be paid the prevailing wage for their position. Employers must file a Labor Condition Application with the Department of Labor to prove this; this application should include information such as job title, duties, location, employment period length and wage information.

E-3 visa holders should bring all necessary documents when entering the US to avoid delays and denials. They should also be prepared to answer questions from Customs and Border Protection agents at port of entry regarding their employment and ability to fulfill duties related to their position, should this happen. Furthermore, when travelling outside of the country it would be prudent to carry their LCA with them so as to minimize delays when renewing their visa stamp at an Embassy or Consulate abroad.

Can my spouse work on an E-3 visa?

The E3 visa provides spouses of US residents the ability to work legally in the US and help them find jobs. Spouses can work as employees, freelancers or independent contractors and may apply for Employment Authorization Documents (EADs). They may also attend schools during their stay in America.

The application process for an E-3 visa is relatively straightforward compared to that for H-1B work visas, although certain critical documents must be prepared prior to applying – including an employer support statement, copy of Form ETA 9035, academic credentials, etc. An employer must also provide evidence that there was no American worker qualified for their position and provide copies of Labor Condition Applications (LCAs), showing at least equal wages to what it pays its other employees.

Are You Planning on Working in the US? Our E3 Visa Attorneys Can Assist

Can I apply for an E-3 visa at the consulate?

Australians looking to work in the United States may wish to consider applying for an E-3 work visa as it doesn’t require filing an H-1B petition with USCIS and may thus make for a simpler experience overall.

Beginning the process for an E-3 visa begins with your new employer filing a Labor Condition Application (LCA) that meets all the necessary requirements and specifications. It’s essential that this document be appropriately written, so make sure it’s submitted on time!

Once your LCA is approved, your new employer will file Form I-129 with the Department of Homeland Security on your behalf. It’s crucial that the form be filed correctly with all supporting documentation included – waiting several months may cause delays; to prevent these, remain patient and continue providing all relevant paperwork as quickly as possible.

After your I-129 has been approved, you will be granted E-3 status and may travel into and out of the United States with your passport, E-3 visa and copy of your approved LCA. However, it must be noted that your stay can only be temporary; permanent residency or Green Cards cannot be acquired with E-3 status alone. It must also be demonstrated that upon termination of E-3 status you intend to return back home.