E-3 Visa Lawyer – How to Get an E-3 Visa to Work in the United States

E-3 visas are designed specifically for Australian citizens seeking employment in the US. This visa permits you to engage in specialty occupations and can be renewed up to two times. In order to be eligible, an American company must offer you employment while satisfying certain criteria related to that specialization occupation.

E-3 Visa

The E-3 Visa is an excellent solution for Australians seeking work in the United States. It allows them to remain for two years at a time and is renewable indefinitely, while also permitting spouses to work. Furthermore, its application fees are much lower than other work visa routes.

Visas for “specialty occupations,” meaning those holding bachelor’s degrees or the equivalent. Their jobs must require both theoretical and practical application of specialized knowledge – research, teaching or clinical. Furthermore, UCSF must employ them and meet Department of Labor Labor Requirements.

Contrary to H-1B visas, E-3 visas do not impose annual caps; however, employers must submit a labor condition application (LCA) with the Department of Labor before filing their E-3 application in order to ensure that wages offered do not fall below prevailing wage for that occupation.

Once their LCA has been approved, employees can initiate the nonimmigrant visa application process by filling out Form DS-160 online or calling their department’s call center. Next they should make an appointment with the US Consulate in their country of residence to schedule an interview and bring valid passport and other required documents with them for this interview.

E-3 Extension

E-3 workers employed in the United States must file for an extension before their current work permission expires in order to maintain status and continue uninterrupted work. Extensions typically last two years but it’s possible to apply for ongoing renewal as long as an E-3 worker meets all visa requirements and meets them on an ongoing basis. It should also be noted that any E-3 worker traveling outside the U.S. while their extension application is pending will need to visit either an American embassy or consulate before returning with a new stamp for their passport.

An E-3 visa holder may need to travel out of the US in order to fulfill their contract or project, requiring their employer to submit a Form I-129 in order to extend their visa period, while workers needing assistance should make sure they have all of the appropriate paperwork and support needed before heading overseas – the ISSC can assist them through this process.

If a visa holder is still present in the US, they should reach out to their employer immediately in order to request an extension. They can do this by having their employer file a petition through VISA office with USCIS for them. This option typically provides quicker results than applying for change of status inside USCIS; additionally, premium processing guarantees that their extension petition will be reviewed prior to expiration.

E-3 Renewal

If you are working on an E-3 visa and wish to extend it from within the US, an extension process can be initiated from within. This involves filling out Form I-129 and providing supporting documents, such as your labor condition application (LCA), passport copy and interview with a University Hospitals Immigration Specialist. Extension requests can last up to two years. Reentry procedures must also be adhered to; please send copies of them directly back to UH Immigration Specialist.

To qualify for an E-3 renewal, applicants must present a job offer from an American employer and hold a degree or certification that indicates specialty occupation status. You must also be paid the prevailing wage in your field as well as have working conditions comparable to workers in similar jobs in your field. Furthermore, proof must be provided of an effort made by your employer in recruiting American workers for your position.

You can apply for an E-3 renewal visa if you’re already living in the US and wish to change your employment end date, salary or any other aspect of work-related details, or switch jobs. This process is quicker than filing for a new visa with USCIS but still requires paying any associated fees.

E-3 Expiration

The E-3 visa category permits U.S. employers to temporarily hire Australian nationals in specialty occupations on an interim basis. Initial E-3 status can be granted for two years and extended indefinitely in two-year increments by filing an extension petition with USCIS. E-3 principals’ spouses and children under 21 years of age may also secure dependent visa status as dependents.

Contrary to H-1B portability, an E-3 worker is not bound by their initial employer during her visa grant term. If there are substantive changes in employment (e.g. new job title or position or department change or switching work types) then her E-3 employer must file a new petition prior to starting new work; otherwise they must leave the United States and seek an E-3 visa at a U.S. consulate overseas before beginning.

E-3 extensions can be requested indefinitely; however, an individual’s E-3 status is limited by the duration of her last approved extension petition filed on her behalf. Therefore, E-3 workers should submit their request well ahead of their current expiration date as stated on Form I-94 or approval notice.