E-3 Visa Lawyer Texas

e3 visa lawyer texas

E-3 visas offer Australian nationals who wish to work in the US an excellent opportunity, though there are certain requirements they must fulfil before this type of visa can be approved.

Experienced visa employment lawyers can guide you through the process of securing an E-3 visa and can also assist with labor certification and petition filings.

E-3 visas are available for Australian nationals

The E-3 visa category was created by Congress to permit Australian citizens working in specialty occupations to live and work in the US. With 10,500 initial visas available each fiscal year, spouses of E-3 visa holders may also apply to work there – making this category of visa worth considering for businesses expanding operations into this vast market.

As part of the E-3 visa application process, applicants should begin by filling out Form DS-160: Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. When complete, it should be submitted to USCIS where an officer will evaluate your information and schedule an interview with you – this meeting is highly important as an interviewing consular officer may ask about your work experience and qualifications and require documentation as proof.

Employers must have an Employer Identification Number (EIN) and Labor Condition Application (LCA), while applicants must also present academic and professional credentials like degrees, certificates, letters of reference as well as their valid Australian passport at an interview which will take up to 30 minutes with a consular officer determining whether or not you may enter the United States; otherwise you will have to wait two years before reapplying.

E-3 visas are valid for two years

The E-3 visa is only open to Australian citizens. It provides work authorization in “specialty occupations,” defined by the Department of Labor as those requiring a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in that specific field. It has an initial validity period of two years but can be extended indefinitely.

Before hiring any foreign national employees, employers must file a Labor Condition Application (LCA). This document verifies that no suitable U.S. worker could be found for the position; furthermore, it certifies that they will receive fair pay as compared with similar employees in their field. Furthermore, companies must give these foreign national employees copies of Form ETA 9035 along with evidence demonstrating they possess either a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from academic credentials provided.

E-3 visas offer another advantage over other work visas, such as H-1Bs, in that they enable employees to switch jobs while still in the United States – something not possible on other visas such as this one which require either changing employers or filing new petitions with USCIS offices for a change of employer or petition for new visa. Furthermore, E-3 employees are permitted to remain in the country up to 60 days if their employment subsequently ends.

The E-3 visa offers Australians living and working in the United States an option that may prove easier and faster by filing in Australia instead of filing it here in America. There are several ways you can simplify this process by filing for it there instead of here in the States.

E-3 visas are valid for spouses and dependents

E-3 visas are valid for spouses and dependent children of those holding E-3 visas who work in specialty occupations; their eligibility to work can then be confirmed with their sponsor holding one as long as an annual cap for this category of visa is set at 10,500 and it can be extended indefinitely.

To qualify for an E-3 visa, you must be paid the prevailing wage for your occupation as determined by the Department of Labor and published in the Federal Register. Furthermore, an employer in the US must offer you employment; unlike H-1B petitioning processes however, LCAs (Labor Condition Assessment forms) will need to be provided directly by them instead of USCIS.

The Labor Condition Assessment, or LCA, is a document submitted by your employer attesting to wages and working conditions. USCIS requires LCA filing prior to applying for E-3 visa status and requires you present either the original or copy of approved LCA to the consular officer when making application for your visa.

Contrary to H-1B visa status, E-3 status allows you to switch employers without incurring penalties from the Department of Labor. Any changes must be reported immediately to them with evidence showing you did not breach your visa status or provide adequate financial resources for support of family. Failing this criteria could require filing Form I-134 Affidavit of Support with DHS for consideration.

E-3 visas do not lead to permanent residency

E-3 visas do not lead to permanent residency in the US; however, they allow spouses and children to work and attend school in America as well as live together with both parents. Spouses may apply for their own Employment Authorization Document in order to work legally – however this cannot lead them towards seeking permanent residency nor should it allow de facto or same-sex partners to become de facto partners.

To qualify for an E-3 visa, applicants must hold either a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in your field of expertise, be employed by an employer in the US and file a certified Labor Condition Application (LCA) with the Department of Labor demonstrating that wages offered match or exceed the prevailing wage in their region.

Other advantages of an E-3 visa include fast processing times, seamless job transitions between employers, and a 60-day grace period after termination. Furthermore, initial stays on this visa are two years; renewal can occur on every two year cycle without limit; making this visa ideal for professionals seeking permanent residency status in the future.