How to Apply For an E-3 Visa and Where to Renew E-3 Visa

E-3 visas provide Australians who want to work in the US an excellent opportunity. Valid for two years and renewable indefinitely, E-3s provide flexibility but there are certain things they must keep in mind prior to applying for one. Here are a few helpful hints and tips:

USCIS offers an easy step-by-step guide on how to apply for an E-3 visa online, using Form I-129 and providing your documents along with paying any applicable fees. Once this step has been completed, a “sticker” or visa will be issued that allows entry into the United States.

Attaining an E-3 visa at a US Consulate or Embassy overseas may be more challenging and take more time, however. You will need to submit Form I-129 along with supporting documents like LCA forms. In addition, an interview will take place where a consular officer will evaluate your qualifications to see whether they meet those of the position as well as inquire into plans to return once employment in America has ended.

Additionally, in order to apply, you will also need to submit evidence of your financial ability such as bank statements, tax returns and investment documents. Furthermore, references from past employers will also be necessary. Lastly, in addition to these steps you will require proof that an employer in the US has offered you employment.

Once your visa is approved, you can start working in the US. To change employers or status while currently resident in the US, an LCA and petition must be submitted with USCIS. Furthermore, applying for an increase or decrease of status requires attending an interview at a US Consulate or Embassy.

If you intend on traveling outside the US while holding an E-3 visa, first obtain a new stamp at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy before beginning. This process can be more time consuming than applying in advance and may require extra paperwork from you.

Maintaining an E-3 visa requires meeting the requirements of your job and providing evidence of continued eligibility for it. If you find that you’re failing to meet these standards, seek legal advice from an experienced immigration attorney – they can assist in filing all the required paperwork on time and advise how best to plan travels within your visa terms and stay within its terms if they’re breached – failing which the USCIS could terminate it and require that you return home immediately.