How to Apply For E-3 Visa

how to apply for e3 visa

The E-3 visa is a nonimmigrant nonimmigrant visa available to Australian citizens who temporarily engage in specialty occupations in the US. It provides Australian professionals who wish to work there for an extended period an option with no filing fees and multiple benefits such as eliminating fraud prevention and ACWIA fees and faster processing than other US work visa routes.

To qualify for an E-3 visa, several requirements must be fulfilled. First and foremost is having an offer from a US company with valid passport, along with fulfilling USCIS’ criteria on specialty occupations that pay the prevailing wage in that position. Although no petition to USCIS needs to be filed in order for you to get this visa, your employer will still need to file a Labor Condition Application (LCA), which certifies you will receive fair prevailing wages without being subject to any exploitation.

Once your US employer has submitted the LCA, the visa petition process can begin. Filling out Form I-129 will require various personal and employment details about yourself as well as proof of qualifications such as education certificates or work experience certificates. Once completed, attend an interview to answer questions regarding your background, job in US and plans upon returning home when contract has ended.

Applying for an E-3 visa can be a lengthy and complex process, so it is wise to consult with an immigration attorney in order to submit all the required documentation. An attorney will also help prepare you for your interview at US Embassy where an officer will evaluate your circumstances to ensure you won’t pose a threat to their nation and will eventually return home again.

E-3 dependent family members of an Australian employee may also be eligible to apply for visas at the same time, providing evidence such as marriage certificates or birth certificates as proof of relationship to them. E-3 dependents may only remain in the US as long as their visa holder maintains his or her status. If an E-3 worker violates or loses status, all dependents will also become out-of-status and must leave. To ensure all dependents stay legal in America, it is highly advised that any travel outside the country be postponed until after a confirmed consulate interview appointment has taken place; that way they have more time if needed to secure another route into a consulate interview appointment.