What Is an E3 Visa in USA?

E-3 visas are made available to individuals who have received offers of employment from US employers in specialty occupations such as business management, engineering, computer sciences and medicine & healthcare. In order to be eligible for one of these visas, applicants must fulfill certain criteria including having attained at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in their field and fulfilling both academic and occupational requirements for the position they intend on taking up.

E-3 visas are temporary worker visas which can be renewed indefinitely in two year increments, making them an excellent solution for individuals wanting to work in the US but unwilling to commit to a green card process which can take as much as five years.

How Much Does an E3 Visa Cost? The cost of an e3 visa varies based on various aspects of your case, such as how many family members will accompany you and legal fees related to immigration lawyer representation. On average however, costs associated with E-3 visas tend to be significantly less than other worker visas such as H1Bs.

There is a $100 visa issuance fee, payable twice if both spouses will accompany. There is also a $131 labor condition application (LCA), filed with the Department of Labor before your visa can be approved; an optional premium processing option exists which reduces processing times further at an extra cost.

Your employer must also submit proof that you meet occupational requirements for the position, typically by way of a letter that details its scope and how it qualifies you for the visa – this letter should be more detailed than usual, since it should address a wider array of E-3 visa-specific criteria.

Your academic qualifications must include proof of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, which may include transcripts or certificates of completion. To assist with this process, USCIS offers a list of acceptable degrees and educational documents that may help determine if your records will be accepted by them. In some instances, professional experience may also serve as evidence equivalent to having obtained one; but this approach may prove more challenging, typically needing at least 12 years of progressively responsible experience before any such claim could be established.

E-3 visa holders have the flexibility to bring their families with them when travelling to the US on E-3 visas – an invaluable advantage for people wanting to spend more time with loved ones. Furthermore, spouses of E-3 professionals can apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), which allows them to legally work during their visit to America compared with other visas such as H1B where spouses cannot legally work while here.