What is the Vetting Process of the Employer for the E3 Visa?

The E3 visa provides Australians who wish to work in specialty occupations in the US with an attractive route into work there, including computer science, business management, architecture engineering law healthcare and medicine. Its availability depends on whether they plan on specializing in any of these professions – some examples would include computer programming/engineering law healthcare medicine etc

An E-3 visa applicant must possess at least a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field. Furthermore, they must be employed by a U.S. company and their US employer must file with the Department of Labor a labor certification that proves no qualified, willing or able American workers are available for the position at prevailing wages; their US employer also needs to demonstrate they will offer working conditions similar to comparable employees in their area.

E-3 visa applications generally incur lower application costs. Unlike the H1B route, an E-3 petition does not incur USCIS filing fees such as Fraud Prevention Fee and ACWIA fee and requires no LCA payment either; however it still incurs other application expenses like visa processing fee.

Visas are valid for an indefinite amount of time, making them an invaluable asset to those moving to the U.S. both to pursue professional goals and reside with family.

Another advantage of E-3 visa is its ease of switching jobs within the US; unlike H-1B visa routes, this does not necessitate a gap of employment greater than 60 days between employers. Furthermore, its holders can easily transfer to new companies providing that all requirements and sponsorship arrangements have been fulfilled by each prospective company.

An E-3 visa holder has the opportunity to work part-time jobs or even start their own businesses in the US, which makes them ideal for entrepreneurs looking for ways to move to America that would otherwise be too costly or complicated to access, such as an H1B visa.

Though an E-3 visa can be obtained within the US, consular processing at a US Embassy or Consulate overseas often makes more sense as this will avoid long wait times at USCIS for changing status or extending it. Nonetheless, those unable to travel due to circumstances beyond their control still have options; an E-3 transfer petition filed through a service center here could take considerably longer.